Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cheers!

Today I went wine tasting for the first time in Stellenbosh. Not only did I learn how to properly drink wine, but I also learned that people really do enjoy the taste of alcohol, which is such a weird concept to me. I was arguing profusely with others that if I offered them the choice of a fruit smoothie or red wine, which one would they choose? Everyone said the latter, which is weird to me because I cannot fathom enjoying the taste of alcohol, I just can’t. Maybe it’s just me.


Nonetheless, I learned that as one matures in the palette for wine you go from pinks-whites-then reds. Interesting indeed! I am still on the border of pinks and whites. But hand me grape juice any day! Whatever the case may be, I do intend to go wine tasting once back in California. We should take advantage of all that California has to offer. It is odd to hear locals gush about the US as their ideal study abroad experience/vacation. And my response is always: “Really? But there is nothing there!” The grass is always greener I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment